Be it the yearly house cleaning spree or the hosting of a grand party at your house, we all have been in a situation wherein we want our house to be as shiny as a diamond. We do not want any clutters of dirt and dust to be seen anywhere in our house and want cleanliness pouring from every nook and corner. In this article, we will talk about various ways in which we can deep clean our house, yes, just the kind of cleanliness drive that will end up giving you the above mentioned results. It may sound a little daunting at first but is easier done than said.
We will do a room by room analysis and list down the basic steps that we need to follow in order to clean all the rooms one by one.
- Kitchen: It is the most essential and most vital part of any house cleaning drive. Your family will be healthy and fit if and only if your kitchen is clean. Hence, we will be starting out cleanliness tips from this most crucial aspect that is the kitchen of the house.
- Kitchen Sinks: These days the kitchen sinks tend to get dirtier than even the washroom sinks and therefore, need special attention. You would need lime, baking soda, white vinegar, liquid dish washing soap, salt and ice along with an old toothbrush and a sponge to clean your kitchen sinks. All you need to do is sprinkle some baking soda on the floor of the sink and then rinse it thoroughly. Next soak some paper towels with white vinegar and then line the sink with them. Let it sit for about 20 minutes and then start rinsing the sink with warm soapy water after removing the paper towels. For the handles and other hard to reach areas, a toothbrush comes handy. If the spots still persist, then soak a cloth in white vinegar and then clean them with it. In the end, rinse the sink thoroughly and feel the freshness all around.
- Kitchen Cabinets: The next crucial component of every kitchen are the kitchen cabinets. To start their cleaning, first of all wipe the exposed top of the cabinets with a cloth. The tops of the cabinets tend to stick all the oil and the residue of the fumes of the cooking that is done in the kitchen. After you are done with wiping the tops, cut newspaper sheets to fit on to them and from the next time, all you have to do is just replace the paper as all the dirt would now be collected on it. Next clean all the corners and the doors front and back using a mixture of liquid dish washing soap and warm water.
- Refrigerator: To clean the refrigerator, first of all empty the fridge. Next take out all the shelves and the baskets and clean these with the liquid dish washing soap and water like you clean any other utensil. Next wipe the door and the handles. Once dried, put all the shelves and the baskets back into the place.
- Microwave: Microwave is another appliance which definitely gets dirty upon its usage. To clean it, mix equal portions of baking soda and white vinegar and make a paste. Coat the paste all over the microwave and let it set for about 15 minutes. Next, start scrubbing and keep on till you get the desired level of cleanliness.
- Cooking Stove: Most of us have the habit of scrubbing the burners of our cooking stoves but the best way of cleaning them is using ammonia. Take ammonia in a zip lock bag and seal the burner with ammonia in the bag. Keep it outside for some time and you will find that the fumes of the ammonia will dissolve all the grease and hardened oil from the burners. All you are left to do is wipe them off with a sponge and you will find your burners neat and tidy.
- Other Appliances: The rest of the appliances in the kitchen can mostly be cleaned with the help of one of the above mentioned ingredients. You can clean the glass of your stove with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. You can run vinegar and water through your coffee maker to remove the build- up stains. The dishwasher can be cleaned with the help of any cleaner and the cream of tartar can be used to clean up your toaster.
- Bedroom: After the kitchen, the next most used room is the bedroom. Be it the wardrobe or the mattress on your bed, your bedroom is one place which needs regular cleaning.
- Mattress: If you do not have stains on your mattress, remove the bed cover from it and sprinkle some baking soda and let it sit for about an hour on the mattress. Use your vacuum cleaner to tidy it up and then invert the mattress and repeat the same steps. Put some lavender oil along with the baking soda to completely re freshen your mattresses.
- Bedding: Laundering the bedding is the basic necessity when it comes to cleaning your bedroom. Right from the bed sheet to the pillow covers to the duvet covers and shams, wash the entire bedding and give it an extra spin to make their drying faster. Washing will remove all the dead skin cells and the dirt from your bedding leaving it super fresh and germ free.
- Cupboard: Discard all the clothes that you have not worn for more than 6 months and donate them. Try to give it a new look by buying matching hangers with the color of the wardrobe. The more appealing the wardrobe is, the better are its chances of being managed properly.
- Vent covers: These need to be cleaned once in every season. The filters tend to gather up dust which needs to be washed out properly. Take these vents outside and clean it by placing them under running water from the hose.
Bathroom: Yet another part of the house, which is used quite frequently throughout the day and which needs regular maintenance and cleaning.
- Shower curtains: The first and the foremost thing that needs to be washed properly are the shower curtains. Check the tag and wash it in the appropriate setting and then dry on low. The curtain then needs to be re hung before it is completely dried.
- Shower doors and wash basins: Take distilled white vinegar and heat it. Next wipe it on the doors and the basin and let it stay for about half an hour. Then sprinkle some baking soda on a non- scratch pad and scrub it over the doors and the basins.
- Bath tub: You can use a cleanser like ROG1 and then ROG3 to get rid of the unwanted stuff from your bath tub and if you see mold around your tub caulk, you can remove it with the help of bleach and CelluCotton. A scrub made from peppermint oil, liquid soap and baking soda can fill your bath tub with a pleasant fragrance making your bathroom smell great.
- Toilet Seat: To get rid of the unwanted mold that tends to grow under the rim of the toilet- seat, you can use vinegar and duct tape.
- Living Room: It is that area of your house which needs to be presentable always because it is this room only in which you attend the guests and if it is properly maintained, it surely leaves a better impression on everyone who visits your home.
- Furniture: The furniture in the living room needs to be cleaned and dusted at regular intervals. Use your vacuum cleaner to the clean the entire area of the seating, most importantly the backs. Remove the dust on the arm rests and the legs using a dusting cloth.
- Show pieces: These form the major portion of the decorative items in a household. Be it the photo frames or the flower vases or the antiques that adorn your living room, all of these need to be cleaned. Take all of them down the wall and clean them using a micro fiber cloth. Make sure not to spray anything directly on the glass as it could ruin the glass by seeping into the corners of the frame.
- Cushion and seat covers: Launder all the cushion covers and the seat covers and give your living room a total new appeal and freshness.
Thus, we saw that the task of deep cleaning the house is not as difficult as it sounds. If done properly, it can bring a total new feel to your house leaving it completely refreshed. Also the agents mentioned above which are used in cleaning are readily available at home and hence, simplify the task even more. Or if you live in the Dubai area, you can hire a professional easily through this platform, choosing from an array of firms which provide deep cleaning service the one that suits you the most. As they say Every house speaks for itself and if remained presentable your house will only scream neatness and be known for its cleanliness all round.