Reintroduce baking soda, a powerful, effective and cheap cleaning and deodorizing agent into your home.
There are many really good cleaning services and maids in Dubai, but do they use modern cleaning aids to clean your house? Many of the modern cleaning products are laden with chemicals and other harmful substances. Some of these can cause severe allergic reactions. If you or a member of your family suffers from allergies or asthma, you would be wise to avoid these cleaning products and use something more natural to clean your house. You can teach your favourite maid in Dubai to use something that cleans your house just as effectively as the chemical cleaning agents. Before the modern day chemical-laden cleaners and grease busters made their way into our homes and our lives, for generations, women used baking soda to clean and deodorize their homes. This ubiquitous ingredient can be found in any home. It is used for cooking and there is hardly a home that does not have it. From whitening and brightening things to removing unpleasant smells, baking soda is a cheap and effective power cleaner. Let us take a look at the properties of baking soda that help to make it such a powerful and useful cleaning agent.
The power of Baking Soda
The chemical name for baking soda is Sodium bicarbonate. It is an excellent pH regulator. Which means that it neutralizes the alkaline as well as the acidic properties of a substance, balancing the pH. Besides neutralizing, it also acts as a buffering agent, which means that it prevents any further changes in the pH level of a substance. The power of baking soda comes from this ability of neutralizing and buffering the pH which helps in deodorizing and cleaning so many things in the house. Not only can it be used to clean and deodorize your home, it is also used in personal products to keep your body healthy and clean. Baking Soda Tips and Tricks Since it is such a versatile agent and used in so many ways, it would be wise to categorize it according to its use. There are three main uses of baking soda: * As medicine for common ailments * As personal care product * As cleaning and deodorizing agent
Medicine for Common Ailments
- Heartburn and indigestion: its pH balancing quality helps to balance the pH of your stomach, cutting down the acidity and providing relief. Most over the counter anti-acid medications contain bicarbonates. Baking soda is a cheaper way to relieve heartburn. Take half a spoon of baking soda and add it to a glass of water. Drink the mixture for quick relief from acidity.
- Better Exercise Benefit and Recovery: Baking soda can soak up the lactic acid that builds up during exercise. This helps to enhance performance and delay the onset of fatigue. Just take a teaspoon full of baking soda, dissolve it in a glass of water and drink it up before you begin your exercise routine.
- Healthy Kidney: The pH buffering and neutralizing qualities of baking soda can help to balance the pH levels within the body and assist the kidneys with their function of removing the acids from within the body. Add a teaspoon of baking soda to a glass of water and drink it every day to help your kidneys recover and function properly.
- Stomach ulcers: The pH balancing quality of baking soda comes into effect with reducing discomfort from stomach ulcers too. The baking soda helps to neutralize the acids in the stomach that cause ulcers. Dissolve 1 – 2 teaspoons of baking soda into a glass of water and drink it for instant relief.
- Insect Bites and Itchy spots: Baking soda makes a very effective salve for insect bites and to relieve itchy skin. Make a paste of baking soda and water. Apply to the affected area for quick relief.
- Relief from Skin Irritation and sunburns: Got red, irritated and itchy skin, baking soda will come to your rescue. Add a cup of baking soda to your bath water. Soak in it for half an hour for instant relief.
- Relieve Diaper Rash for your Baby: Babies often get a diaper rash, forget the expensive chemical laden creams. The best thing for your baby is a soak in a bath with 2 tablespoons of baking soda added to it. It will relieve the rash in no time.
Personal Care Products
- Hair Cleanser: Give a power wash to your hair. Get rid of all the gels, styling products and other products you use on your hair with baking soda. Add a teaspoon of baking soda to your usual amount of shampoo and wash your hair as you normally do. The baking soda will get rid of all the sticky additives from your hair making them soft and beautiful again. For a quick dry shampoo, sprinkle a little baking soda on to the roots of your hair, rub it in and brush your hair for an instant boost.
- Deodorant: skip the chemical deodorant, use baking soda instead for a much more natural way to deodorize your body. Take a teaspoon of baking soda and make a milky paste with water. Apply to your underarms and other sweaty areas you wish to deodorize. Leave for a bit and wipe away with a wet towel. No more smelly feet or underarms! Add a bit of lemon or lavender essential oil for
- Hand Scrub: working hard in the garden or doing other dirty work. Clean your hands with baking soda and warm water. It will not only clean your hands, exfoliate them but also soften them.
- Foot Spa: got tired achy feet? Soak your feet in a foot bath with one teaspoon of baking soda and some warm water. Not only will it help to relieve the ache in your foot, it will also clean them of bacteria, deodorize them and also help to prevent fungal infections of the feet. Add a bit of your favourite essential oil for a fragrant experience.
- Toothpaste: Many toothpastes contain baking soda as a plaque remover. You can add a power booster to your toothpaste by sprinkling some baking soda on your toothbrush once or twice a week. Do not use pure baking soda as it has abrasive qualities and it may damage your tooth enamel.
- Mouth Freshener: a cheap and effective mouth freshener can be made by adding a teaspoon of baking soda to a cup of warm water. Swirl the mixture in your mouth and spit away for fresh breath anytime you want it.
- Teeth Brightener: whiten and brighten your teeth by brushing it once a week with a paste of baking soda and water. Rub the paste into your teeth leave it for a few minutes and rinse off.
Face and Body Scrub: Baking soda makes an excellent exfoliating agent. Take 3 teaspoons of baking soda, add one teaspoon of water and a couple of drops of your favourite essential oil to make a paste. Rub this on your face and body for a gentle exfoliating scrub.
Cleaning and Deodorizing
- Brushes and Combs: Soak your combs and brushes in a solution of warm water and baking soda. Leave for about half an hour. Scrub with a cleaning brush, dry well before use.
- Bathroom Cleaner: get the surfaces of your bathroom tiles, bathtub, wash basin sparkly clean with Baking soda. Dip a damp sponge in a bowl of baking soda and scrub the surface with it. Rinse the surface and dry well. If you have very stubborn stains and dirty, use coarse salt and some liquid soap along with baking soda. Leave it on for 15 minutes, then scrub clean and rinse off.
- Burnt Pots and Pans: had a cooking disaster and burnt food in your pan. No need for elbow grease. Sprinkle some baking soda over the burnt food. Add boiling water to the pan. Let it sit for half an hour and scour. The burnt food will come off in a jiffy and you will have a sparkling clean pan in no time at all.
- Disinfect cleaning sponges: Use a strong solution of baking soda and warm water to soak your cleaning sponge. Put it in the microwave over for a minute for extra cleaning. The sponge will be as clean as if it were new.
- Cleaning kitchen: Sprinkle baking soda on greasy kitchen surfaces and leave for a few minutes. Scrub with a damp sponge and rinse to remove all signs of grease and dirty.
- Polish Cutlery: got silverware and flatware to clean? Here is a stress-free way to clean it. Take three parts of baking soda and add one part of water to make a paste. Apply on the silverware and rub gently. Rinse well for gleaming flatware.
- Freshen your Tea and Coffee makers: Run a cycle with a teaspoon of baking soda added to plain water to clean your tea and coffee maker and freshen it up to get rid of the bitter taste and stains.
- Oven Cleaner: Make a thick paste off water and baking soda. Apply to the inside of the over. Leave overnight. Scrub and rinse next morning for a clean over.
- Remove Grease Stains And Crayon Marks: With children in the house, grease stains and crayon mark on walls, furniture and clothes are inevitable. Apply baking soda to the area with a damp cloth, scrub and rinse clean to remove the stains.
- Brighter Laundry: Add a cup of baking soda to your usual wash cycle along with the detergent for a whiter and brighter wash.
- Shower Curtains: Clean moldy stained shower curtains by sprinkling baking soda on to it. Scrubbing gently and rinsing it with warm water. Hang out to dry before hanging it back in to the bathroom.
- Deodorize: sprinkle baking soda on any fabric or surface that needs deodorizing. Leave overnight and vacuum the next morning to eliminate the odor. Works wonders for upholstered sofas, pet beds and litter boxes, shoes, carpets and rugs. This also works for trash cans and garbage bins. Just sprinkle and leave the baking soda in it. No need to vacuum.
- Cleaning and Deodorizing Drains: Clean drains by pouring down a cup of baking soda down the drain and then pouring hot water over it. It helps to not only eliminate the odor but also to de-clog the drain.
There are many more cleaning tricks that can be performed with baking soda. All you need is a good maid who is willing to help you keep your house chemical free. If you want to hire a cleaning service or a maid in Dubai, check out help4u.today. There are many agencies listed on the help4u.today website that offers cleaning services in Dubai. You can easily hire an online cleaning service through help4u.today.